Friday, March 8, 2013

Chalkboard Effect!

 
This card is even prettier in person!  Making this card made me happy; I think because it is so springish! 
The chalkboard effect is quite popular right now.  You take a piece of basic black card stock and smear the background with White ink.  I just take a little bit of a sponge get some white ink and rub it on the card stock.  Then stamp with whatever image you want, here I used Vintage Verses, free with Sale-a-bration, only 14 more days to get your free products!!  I then used my white gel pen around the outside edges, you wouldn't need to do this but it does add to the card!
 
 
I don't always do something for the inside of the card but this card demanded something!
 
Supplies used for this card:
 
Paper: Basic Black card stock #121045, whisper White C.S. #100730, Summer Starfruit C.S. #126839, Sycamore Street Designer Series paper (free from Sale-a-bration)#127540
 
Stamp Set:  Vintage Verses (free from Sale-a-bration with a $60.00 order) #129633
 
Accessories: Paper Doilies (spring mini) #129399, Rhinestones #119246,
 
Punches and Embosslits:  Beautiful Wings Embosslits #118138, Corner punch #119871

No comments: