Monday, March 25, 2013

Mixed Media!


Here is my first attempt at Mixed Media!  Half way through I just about threw it out! I had no idea how hard it would be for me to get out of my "Box"!  My family surprised me and kept coming back to see what it looked like and encouraged me to keep going; I was like, Really!  It just looked like a big mess to me, Which it was!  I used to paint folk art, so I had my pattern and had my steps and in none of the steps did it ever look ugly!  I guess I am like that in life!  My life is ordered and if I do everything right, it looks nice every step of the way, right!   Not right, my world was rocked 8 months ago, by choices that one of my kids made.  I railed at God and said but I did everything right!  I have never been so shaken in my life and trust me, it was ugly!  I was even very close to giving up and I never in my wildest dreams ever thought I would consider suicide.  My child made a choice and it was horrible but now as we are walking through it, with help, things are starting to take shape, bit by bit.  I can see some beauty awakening, coming out of the ashes, it is far from a completed work but my heart has been forever transformed!  When you go through an intense fire (trial) and you trust God, or in my case, cling to Him, you can't help but be changed! 
Back to the Mixed Media, my 15 year old daughter took a picture of it before I was even finished and put it on Instagram and facebook and she doesn't usually take an interest in what I am doing, so that spoke volumes to me!  This is an 11 X 14 canvas, I don't know if I can explain everything I did, maybe when I have a few more under my belt I will do a video.
Let me know what you think of this!

1 comment:

Farmgirl said...

Beautiful post my friend!