Saturday, April 20, 2013

Playing with ink sprays!

This journal page was quick and easy, when you spray the background it goes really fast!
In this picture I am spraying the page with SU ink refill mixed with water.  I bought these awesome empty spray bottles from Stampin Up.  They were 2 for $3.95, good deal, I want to get at least 4 more.  What I like is you can make as much or as little as you want for your project.  And if you are like me I have all the ink refills, so there are endless color possibilities.
As you can see in the above pictures, I first sprayed the background, randomly with three colors, pacific point, melon mambo, daffodil delight.  Then I took my paint brush and dropped alcohol to blend the colors and create a neat background.
Before I did any painting I sprayed the background with a sealer but I think I should of let it dry a bit longer because I found that the background still bled through.
 
I love Butterflies! 
They are symbolic of Freedom and rebirth.
To me, they speak of living a life that is led by the spirit.
To go where ever the Spirit leads blessing everyone, where ever we go.
They also speak to me of rebirth, we are a new creation in Christ Jesus, the old has passed away behold the new has come!
Be Strong and Courageous, arise and let the Spirit of the Lord carry you where ever He desires!

No comments: