Saturday, April 13, 2013

The mind controlled by the ....

The trick to doing faces, is to pick someone without wrinkles, lol!
This face was much easier, then my own, it took a 1/8 of the time.
These journal pages really do something inside me; very healing!
I need to be controlled by the Spirit, not by my emotions.
I had a few days this week that were some what stressful.
I don't know if the two things are connected or not
but my stomach has been so sore day and night for 3 days. 
Stress is so hard on your body and I know that but in the middle of the storm how do we not worry?
So begins the quest, to get to the place, where I am Controlled by God's spirit!
To be like Jesus on the boat, in the middle of the storm, asleep, perfectly at peace.
For this layout I first Mod Podged, some designer paper.
 Then I painted a watered down ivory over the paper, I used paper towel to soak up the extra paint.
Then I painted the face right on the page.
Then I stamped randomly, using Staz On, Timber Brown!
I painted the chip board, them rubbed some of my gold oil stick on it (because it is oil, it is best to use the oil stick at the end because acrylic paint won;t stick to the oil and your paint could peel)
The pearls on the girl, are half pearls from Stampin Up.
 
Thanks for stopping by, leave me a comment!
 

No comments: