Friday, June 21, 2013

DYI deodorant recipe!

This is totally straying from my crafty posts but I feel this is worthy of sharing! For a number of years I have struggled with my arm pits, lol! Excess sweating and when I would use the stronger deodorant, I would get itchy Pits, plus I would still sweat! Last year, in May, I tried making a natural deodorant, I had really low expectations, I was thinking if the extra strong stuff doesn't work why would some oil and powder work? I was shocked and amazed, it worked. I can still get a bit sweaty, not as bad as I used to get but I can go two days and not stink.  Also, it is cheap, last about 6 months, the biggest bonus is no itchy pits, plus it is healthy for you, not going to cause breast cancer!  I have a gluten sensitivity and they put gluten in everything, deodorant being one and shampoo being another, I used to get an itchy head also but I will share that secret another time.

 

Coconut deodorant recipe


- 1/4 cup arrowroot (you can find this at any bulk food store)
- 1/4 baking soda
- 5 tbs coconut oil
- 20 drops essential oil (I use peppermint but you can pick your favorite sent)

Melt your oil, I just put the oil in a glass measuring cup and microwave it tell melted, then add the rest of the ingredients, mix well then pour into a old deodorant container or do as I did and use a little jar! If you use a deodorant container be aware that in hotter months it might get quite soft.

No comments: